In this Blog we will look at how to make your Space more interactive by adding OOTB webparts.
If you are new and want to know how to activate SharePoint Space for your site collection in SharePoint Online, look at my detailed blog, SharePoint Spaces – Blog Series 1
Also, if you want to know in detail about How to create a SharePoint Space, take a look at SharePoint Spaces – Blog Series 2
Before adding webpart to our Space, Let’s take a sneak peak on where exactly SharePoint Space is located in our site collection.
- Go to your Site Home page -> Settings -> Click on Site Contents
2. Once you click on Site Contents, Go to Site Pages library.
3. In Site pages library, you will see your created SharePoint Space. Click on it and you have your created Space back, You can now Edit and Publish as and when your Space design is ready.
*Note: SharePoint Space is a site page, located in Site collection Page library.
Now, let’s edit our SharePoint Space and start exploring the webparts
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button on your created Space as shown in Fig. 1.4
- You will see a ( + ) icon in the Space as shown in the image below
3. Click on the ( + ) to see all out of the box webparts
4. Let’s start by adding, 3D objects
5. You can choose 3D object from 3D Catalog or you can insert your local 3D object in the space. I have added, Table as 3D object from the Catalog, you can see this in the image below.
6. Look at the Fig. 2.4 and see the 3D object, you have the option to Edit, Duplicate and Delete the object. Also, you can see the scale below to scale the object as per your requirement.
7. For Demo, I have created a Virtual learning experience using 3D object and File viewer webpart as shown in the image below.
8. Now, Click on Publish/Republish to see how your Space looks like.
9. Once your Space is Publish, you can click on the file and view in new tab or save that file to your page. Also, you can view this space using a headset and hear the sound If you have set that sound property in space design.
10. This is how you can add webparts to your Space to make it more interactive
I hope you enjoyed learning about adding and deleting webparts like 3D object and File Viewer.
Stay tuned, for upcoming SharePoint Spaces – Blog Series 4 where we will explore other webparts.